If you’re like most people, you’ve probably suffered from some sort of dental pain or other dental symptoms. Whether it’s something as minor as persistent bad breath or as severe as a migraine-inducing toothache or bleeding gums, these could be signs of a larger problem and should not be ignored. If your symptoms are ongoing or are getting worse, do not hesitate to set up an appointment. We specialize in dental services that can relieve your pain.
Suffering From Toothache Pain
A toothache can be unbearable, but pinpointing what is causing the pain can be difficult. There are several toothache causes, but the type of pain you’re in can hint as to what factors are triggering the pain.
- Pressure in your upper teeth can be caused by grinding your teeth or by a troublesome sinus headache.
- Constant pain and swelling around a tooth could mean that the tooth is abscessed and has developed an infection in the bone or the surrounding tissue.
- Dealing with sharp pain when eating or throughout the day means that you may have a loose filling, tooth decay, or a crack in the tooth.
What Causes Mouth Sores?
Mouth sores, also known as canker sores, can ruin your week. Although painful, they tend to heal on their own after around a week and typically aren’t the result of a serious health issue. While they are usually caused by simply biting or bumping your lip, they could be the symptoms of something larger.
- Canker sores could mean that you have a vitamin or mineral deficiency.
- Excessive tobacco use can trigger sores.
- Sores can come from a viral or bacterial infection, such as hpv, syphilis or gonorrhea.
- Poor-fitting dentures or jagged teeth can scrape the inside of your mouth.
Dealing With Sore Or Bleeding Gums
If you’re dealing with bleeding gums every time you brush your teeth, or you’ve noticed receding gums when you smile in the mirror, you may be dealing with a serious health issue.
- Gingivitis causes inflamed gums from the buildup of plaque. Brushing teeth and flossing regularly is the best way to prevent this disease.
- When Gingivitis goes untreated, it can develop into Periodontitis. If left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss.
- Bleeding or receding gums could also be the result of a vitamin deficiency, bad bite, or infection in the tooth or gums.
The Causes Of Bad Breath
Bad breath can be more than just off-putting, it can be a sign of something more. You can typically solve your bad breath problem by brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and getting regular professional cleanings by a hygienist. If your bad breath doesn’t go away, it could be indicative of the following problems:
- An infection from tooth decay, gingivitis or periodontal disease.
- Tonsil stones collecting bacteria.
- Smoking tobacco.
- Excessive dry mouth from a problem with your salivary glands or another medical issue or medication side effect.
Sensitive Teeth With Sweets And Cold Temperatures
Have you ever had a cold drink or ate ice cream and suffered pain from sensitive teeth? If so, you’ve probably wondered what causes sensitive teeth. The sensitivity is most likely from the receding of gums, exposing the roots of your teeth. As adults, this becomes more common but it can also be caused by any of the following situations:
- Plaque and tartar buildup
- Excessive brushing
- A Cracked tooth
- Acidic foods wearing away tooth enamel and exposing dentin
- Abrasive whitening toothpastes
- A Traumatic bite caused from malaligned teeth
If you are experiencing any of the above, it is time to schedule your next dental visit right away. Call us at Metro Smiles today to experience the benefits of a healthy mouth and smile by our caring experts.
Read More Articles from Metro Smiles
Our Beauty Secret: Brow Lift With Xeomin®
Choosing a liquid brow lift using Botox® or Xeomin® will help you achieve an improved appearance by lifting your eyebrows and treating frown lines between your brows in just the right spot. These injections work by relaxing underlying muscles to smooth your skin on...
What Is Clinical Microneedling? Here’s Our Guide To The Procedure
Learn more about what microneedling is and its benefits now. Microneedling can boost cell rejuvenation and improve skin tone through collagen stimulation. This procedure is completely safe if you are healthy and the only aftercare is a special moisturizer placed on...
Eat And Drink Healthy For Healthy Teeth
We are accepting new dental patients at our Greenwood Village, Colorado office. Contact Metro Smiles today for your dental visit. According to the American Dental Association, what and how often you eat and drink can affect your dental health. Certain eating patterns...