Looking to get the most out of your cosmetic dental treatment? A smile makeover could be just what the dentist ordered. Patients unhappy with the overall appearance of their front teeth revel in the transformative overhaul that a smile makeover performs on their grins. One of the most effective tools in the makeover process is the porcelain veneer. This restoration’s aesthetics and functional power make it an enviable way to build a new smile.
How Porcelain Veneers Work
Veneers are v-shaped dental restorations. Incredibly thin pieces of porcelain, they fit over your natural teeth and act as new tooth surfaces. Your veneers will be fabricated from precise molds made of your prepared teeth, and will fit perfectly. Dr. Robin will work with you to determine the veneers’ shape and shade, leading to results that are neatly in line with the smile you’ve imagined.
Because veneers are so thin, they mimic natural enamel’s light-reflecting qualities. That is, they reflect some of the light that hits them, but also allow some to pass through. This leads to a gorgeous, completely natural-looking final effect. After your veneer procedure, neither you nor anyone you come in contact with will realize that your teeth are anything but your own.
The Porcelain Veneer Process
Dr. Robin Asbury is a talented aesthetic dentist who strives to deliver each patient his or her ideal smile. Those seeking a smile makeover will find comfort in the bevy of cosmetic tools Dr. Robin has at her disposal. In order to get started with porcelain veneers, you’ll need to schedule a consultation. During this meeting, you and Dr. Robin will spend time discussing what you would like to get out of your dental treatment. A smile makeover is a big decision, and we’ll ensure that you’re ready before we proceed with treatment.
If porcelain veneers are in line with your aesthetic goals, Dr. Robin will help you determine specific changes you’d like to make. Some of veneers’ capabilities include
- Whitening teeth (without the need for ongoing whitening upkeep, as with hydrogen peroxide gel)
- Lengthening front teeth
- Reshaping teeth for a more symmetrical smile
- Covering cracks or chips
- Filling gaps between teeth
- Strengthening sensitive teeth
- Straightening slightly crooked teeth (no orthodontics necessary!)
When Porcelain Veneers are the Right Cosmetic Treatment
It’s impossible to know which cosmetic treatment is best for your smile without meeting with a dentist. But there are things you can (and should) consider prior to that first meeting to help decide on your cosmetic priorities. A few questions to ask yourself include:
- What would I like to change about my smile? Before diving into cosmetic dentistry, you will need to identify exactly what you’re hoping to change. Many patients aren’t quite sure what they’d like their final smiles to look like. To help you get an idea, look closely at the smiles of those around you. Pick out the teeth you admire, and figure out which aspects look most appealing to you. Dr. Robin will be able to tell you what type of smile will look best as a part of your own unique face.
- How comfortable am I with dental treatment? If you’re anxious about visiting the dentist, it’s probably best to choose a less-invasive treatment (like bonding or whitening). Keep in mind that less invasive treatment offers shorter-lasting results.
- How long am I willing for treatment to take? Are you comfortable with your smile taking a few weeks to be completed, or are you looking for an immediate fix? If your teeth need to be prepared for restorations, we’ll provide you with temporaries to keep your smile intact.
- How long would I like my new smile to last? The more intense the treatment, the more enduring the results.
When you’re ready to take a step toward your perfect smile, simply give Metro Smiles a call at (303) 768-8443..