Your teeth make a bigger impact than you think. The benefits of showing off your smile can only be truly realized when you are experiencing them for yourself. Not in possession of a smile that you’re ready to share with the world? Let this blog post serve as a motivator to put your perfect teeth in place.
How A Beautiful Smile Improves Life – Today and Tomorrow
Dentists aren’t the only ones interested in how happy smiles improve lives. Smiling is pretty amazing; is there a simpler way to give your daily mood, activities, and interactions a boost? The world is invested in the power behind a grin. Check out a few research studies that point to the advantages smilers enjoy.
- Smiling and happiness – There’s an age-old adage that smiling makes you feel better (“laughter is the best medicine”), but now there’s also proof. Different psychological theories have been backed by research into mood’s connection to facial movements. Findings suggest that smiling can turn a neutral feeling into a positive one.
- Smiling and performance – This study on Olympic athletes and their oral health shows that those without healthy teeth in place felt their performance was affected. Great health is a confidence booster, which leads to heightened performance.
- Smiling and perception – We’re incredibly affected by others’ pearly whites. Bright, healthy teeth can make individuals look more capable and trustworthy. In fact, since 1992, the winning presidential candidate has been the one with whiter teeth.
Overall, healthy, beautiful teeth inspire positive reactions – both within yourself, and with those around you.
Centennial Cosmetic Dentistry for Your Ideal Smile
Smiling is so important. But when you’re not proud of your teeth, you’re unwilling to reveal them. Not smiling makes you miss out on quite a bit, and also diminishes your interactions with those around you. Fortunately, there’s a simple way to change your situation. Cosmetic dentistry will create the smile that you’ve been waiting for, and spur you into sharing it.
Depending on your cosmetic needs, Dr. Robin Asbury may recommend a single treatment or a smile makeover. A makeover groups several procedures to create your ideal treatment plan. It will result in a new smile that still looks unique – people will notice how gorgeous your smile looks, but won’t immediately think “dental work.”
Our most popular cosmetic treatments include:
- Porcelain veneers – Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that fit over natural teeth. A full set of veneers will remake your front teeth, altering their shape, size, shade, and length. Dr. Robin will discuss your veneers with you at length to decide on the best possible result. Veneers also strengthen sensitive teeth, as they protect touchy spots from external stimuli.
- Teeth whitening – Whitening is quick, easy, comfortable, and still effective. When you choose to whiten in-office, you’ll have a remarkably brighter smile in place by the time you leave.
- Dental bonding – Bonding applies tooth-colored composite material to teeth that need some additional structure or protection. It’s right for front teeth because they don’t bear a great deal of pressure during eating. If rebuilding a back tooth, a crown will be necessary.
- Invisalign – Invisalign isn’t purely cosmetic because it can also do wonderful things for your oral health. Straightening crooked teeth results in a more beautiful smile and potentially lowered chances of decay (or even jaw problems).
- Botox and fillers – While cosmetic injections don’t directly affect your teeth, they do alter the appearance of your smile. What are beautiful teeth if the skin around them is wrinkled and prematurely aged? Botox, Xeomin, and dermal fillers smooth skin for an overall glow.
Curious about what your new smile could look like? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Robin today.